[Zmagnette] 4 synchro MGB trans in ZB

Kelvin Dodd doddk at mossmotors.com
Tue Nov 26 09:23:30 MST 2013

Charlie.

Echoing what Allen stated. The 4 synch box was only brought over in the MGB with remote control fitted. I've not run across a direct shifter assembly, although something could be fabricated with enough time and energy input.
To get a synchro first gear, I wouldn't think it was worth the effort. The late B box is not a good fit into the Magnette, requiring new mounts and tunnel surgery.

Fitting a four synchro with overdrive makes some sense, but that requires more surgery. I cut the tunnel in my Magnette to fit a 4 synch OD, but was unhappy with the amount of damage. I repaired the damage and went with a 5 speed. Much happier.

Kelvin.