[Zmagnette] New Member

Mike mikesmuseum at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 21 21:17:46 MDT 2013

I'm with Allen – you do *not* want people to sign up on their own. At the minimum a potential new member should be referred by an existing member.

Mike

 Subject: Re: [Zmagnette] New Member
 To: "Chris Kotting" <chris.kotting at gmail.com>
 Cc: zmagnette at autox.team.net
 Date: Monday, October 21, 2013, 8:14 PM

 Chris,
 I don't think people should be allowed on our
 list without some sort of administrative control. Granted, I
 don't know of anybody being denied membership, but I
 think we need some evidence of a person's
  sincerity: either a recommendation from a current
 member or some reasonably convincing email exchange with an
 administrator or other current member. If newbies can simply
 sign themselves in, we know longer know who we are
 addressing and the group ceases to feel like a club.  I
 really feel a need for some control here...
 Does this make sense or am I just getting a bit
 paranoid in my old age?
 Allen

 & Florrie Bachelder       =iii=<
 Spring Creek Home for Wayward MGs'57
 ZB, '65 B, '69 C/GT, '73 B/GTNorth
 Street, MI 48049,
 USAhttp://www.mgexperience.net/member/bachldrs****************************************************************

 On Oct 21, 2013, at 5:26 PM, Chris Kotting