[Zmagnette] New Member

Steven Trovato strovato at optonline.net
Tue Oct 22 12:10:23 MDT 2013

Allen,

As the administrator, don't you get notified of all who join the
list, even if they do it on their own?  I would think you
should.  Then you can still know who's on the list, and you can still
welcome them however you see fit.  Some lists do have a system where
you join on-line yourself, pending approval.  Then you get an email
from an administrator saying you're approved and welcome.  This seems
better than having to figure out a way to request membership by
hunting down a member.  I think we had what we had because of the
technical limitations of  the list.  That said, it was working pretty
well, and I would be OK with it continuing that way if that's what
everyone prefers.

-Steve T.