[Zmagnette] Magnette values and stated value for insurance

Steven Trovato strovato at optonline.net
Fri Oct 25 18:09:58 MDT 2013

I have a ZA and an MGA.  I wonder how many people have a Magnette and
an MGA.  I've definitely heard of others.  As for insurance, have you
had a classic car insurance company refuse to insure for your stated
value?  I have found them to be pretty flexible, but I haven't tried
to request anything too crazy.  I think the only reason for them to
hesitate is that they don't want you to be able to put a match to it
to make a profit.  I bet there are people on this list who have their
Magnettes insured for 25K.  I am just guessing, though.  I suppose we
will get some data points shortly.  Has anyone had an insurance
company refuse to give you as high a stated value as you wanted?

-Steve T.