[Zmagnette] CL Magnette

Mike mikesmuseum at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 25 17:20:47 MDT 2013

SteveT, I'm with you except for one thing - value for repair or replacement after an accident or other incident.

If nice Magnettes were trading at around $10K, while they cost upwards of $20K to get to that condition, you can be in a bind even with a stated value policy. Is your underwriter going to go for you asking for $25K of coverage for a car that trades for $10K? Perhaps not.

But if the cars are trading in the $20K range, or to put it another way, trading at a price that approximates what it would cost to duplicate the car, getting them properly insured becomes easier.

I'm not even going to consider the super-deluxe cars out there, the ones with A/C, breathed-upon motors, and so on.

I don't think the sedans will ever be as popular or pricey as the sports cars, for all the same reasons that the sedans were widely outsold by the sports cars when they were new. I've never really understood that, but that's how it is. I have both a ZB and an MGA, and the ZB is the much nicer (& rarer!) car. Go figure.

Mike