[Zmagnette] Fwd: Uncaught bounce notification

Steve skirby210 at cox.net
Wed Apr 2 09:50:17 MDT 2014

I can verify that, and it was on but a much simpler MGB.  I did take notes and drawings, and it all fit back together quite easily and nicely.  Wipers ran backwards.  I looked at another B, and it seemed the same.  Had several others, all smarter than me (well, that’s everyone), stick their heads up there, and all agreed “looks right”.  Next, had a brilliant friend take the motor apart, and we tried a number of things with wiring and gearing.  No matter what we did, still ran backwards.  The good thing is, it never rains here anyway, but it was bugging the @#@& out of me!!!  Finally, I turned to God, aka John Twist.  He attentively listened to my sad saga . . . . I can see the twinkle in his eyes now.  He then suggested a couple of things I’d done.   Then he said, he’d had one other customer (he didn’t actually say this, but I’m sure he wanted to!!!!!) as stupid as me, who put their wheel boxes in upside down.  “No”, argued I, “that’s impossible”.  I could NOT have done that, and reviewed all my seemingly valid reasons.  Alas, having exhausted all my fixes, and those of my trusted, knowledgeable friends, I tried it Mr. Twist’s way.  TaDah, of course he was right.  I was, and still am, dumfounded that those wheel boxes can go in so easily and perfectly, and be upside down.

#2SteveK