[Zmagnette] H2 leakng at float bowl junction

Steven Trovato strovato at optonline.net
Sun Apr 6 12:09:59 MDT 2014

Fletcher,

I will defer to your knowledge on the subject.  Truth is, the carbs
on my bench right now that will receive the viton seals in my
photograph are from an MGA, not a Magnette.  My statement about the
two versions, bolt or stud, was pretty much a quote from the SU
Carburettors Overhaul, Tuning and Maintenance video that came from
Moss many years ago.  That there are actually more versions is easy
to believe!

I also believe that the different versions are interchangeable as
sets.  To repeat Roger's question, do you have a preference for a
particular style for reliability and leak prevention?

While we are talking about these carbs, what is your feeling on the
three hole positions in the fast idle cam?  So far,  "just put it in
the middle position" is the advice I hear the most.  Do you agree?

-Steve T.