[Zmagnette] Fuel tank sealer-Not entirely OT

Adam Lombard adam.lombard at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 2 13:49:41 MST 2014

John,

Clever solution but be aware of the galvanic action between the copper and
Steel. It's for this reason that plumbers always use a brass, bronze, or
plastic fitting between iron pipe and copper fittings. Any water, especially
if it contains minerals or salts, will expedite this process, making your
gas tank into a low-voltage battery. It won't cause a spark or anything but
can quickly eat bigger holes than you started with in your tank.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_corrosion and lots of other
articles on the web for more information on the atopic.

Adam