[Zmagnette] Trafficators

Steven Trovato strovato at optonline.net
Thu Feb 6 08:24:09 MST 2014

Yes, you can add trafficators.  Of course, it would help if you find
yourself a Magnette first!  :-)  My Magnette is right hand drive and
is equipped with the "home market" trafficators.  You are welcome to
come check them out some time.  The trafficators must be wired so
they are on for the whole time you are signalling.  If you just wired
them in with the lights, they would go up and down with each
blink.  That would look pretty silly.

My situation is the opposite.  I have trafficators and no blinking
turn signal lights.  Adding blinking turn signal lights is on my "to
do" list.  Trafficators are amusing, but American drivers have no
idea what they are or what they mean.  I will keep the trafficators, of course.

Another issue is the addition of three point seat belts.  If you are
inclined to do that, the shoulder belt mount point wants to be right
where the trafficator is.  I believe there are ways to address this
so they can both coexist.  While the interior panel is off and the
slot is open might be an opportune time to deal with both.

-Steve T.