[Zmagnette] OT - personal tow truck

p vasquez vasquezpv at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 8 09:55:42 MST 2014

Hello,

I did the tow truck thing (1995 Ford Super Duty with Chevron Aluminum bed) for my personal car collection....  Owned for about 3 years....

The good:  No waiting for AAA.   Also move boats, furniture, lumber, etc....  Quick hook up and go....
The bad:  NEIGHBOR complaints.  Commercial liability insurance required.  Fuel/maintenance cost. In DemoKratic RepubliK of Kalifornia diesel issue for trucks...  Friends LOVE you and expect you to VOLUNTEER your services...

My neighbor, another car junky, lusted after my truck.  Made me an offer of a trade I couldn't pass up.....  His Silverado 1500, with car trailer, and a cash sweetener...  I have never looked back.....  Does everything the tow truck can do, but not as fast. The truck is more versatile and cost effective to run.  No commercial license, less neighbor compliants, and your friend's still love you, and expect you to VOLUNTEER your services.....

However, I miss the "cool" factor showing up with your own personal tow truck.....priceless...

Best Regards

Paul

Works in process....
1955 MG ZA