[Zmagnette] interesting Lancia Aurelia article

Allen Bachelder bachldrs at comcast.net
Fri Jan 24 12:10:01 MST 2014

Hi Guys--

I haven't figured out how to post these to the whole group yet.  If someone wants to do that, go for it.

Of course, we've all heard about the Italian influence on Gerald Palmer's design of the Magnette family.

I first saw one of these Lancia Aurelia's in a museum, and from a distance, literally thought it was our beloved Magnette.  The closer I got, it was eery how similar it was.  I even posted some pics of that car to some of you back then.

This is neat little article about the Aurelia, to the point of mentioning the inspiration it provided to Gerald Palmer.  What I didn't know was how advanced the car was:  first production V6, some firsts in the suspension, first production car to use radial tires, rear mounted transaxle.

Steve K