[Zmagnette] Hyundai Wheel Rims FYI

David F. Darby ddarby at centurytel.net
Thu Mar 20 21:09:51 MDT 2014

Thanks for the responses. This is an academic question for me, as I am not
intending to use the Elantra wheels.

I think FRM has identified the problem and if anyone is doing the
substitution it would be safer to machine off the MG hubs, as the Hyundai
wheel rims have a very thin lip around the center hole that is created from
the stamping of the wheel. Machining out the bore would remove essentially
all of this shoulder, which, I believe would weaken the wheel. The Elantra
wheel is a much lighter gauge than the MG wheel.

David