[Zmagnette] Turn signal question

John Perkins zamagnette at charter.net
Mon May 5 10:42:49 MDT 2014

Rodger:
     The turn signals share the same filament as the stop lights. If the
brake lights are working, then the wiring from the turn signal relay,
and the bulb are operational.  The click in the signal relay would seem
to indicate that the switch and stator wiring are correct.  Are you sure
of your connections to the signal relay.  Here's a diagram of how the
terminals on the relay should be connected.  If the wires are connected
correctly, you may need to remove the cover on the relay to make sure
someone has not reversed the cover at some point as was done on my ZA.
I also cleaned all of the points in my signal relay with some fine
crocus cloth and lightly coated them with anti-ox paste using a Q-tip
and have not had any issues in the past 7 years with turn signals.
     Perkins