[Zmagnette] Slightly OT-Carpet adhesive

David F. Darby ddarby at centurytel.net
Fri May 16 13:46:53 MDT 2014

Not really OT, as it is generic, but I am fixing to install a new carpet kit
in my dear old 1955 Plymouth Savoy (another staid old sedan/saloon).

I'm wondering if any of you have a favoured carpet adhesive or protocol you
might suggest. I've just had very limited experience and I don't want to
botch it up.

I have a nice (although lightweight) loop carpet kit in two pieces (fore and
aft) with bound edges and an attached pressed felt-like backing. I'm
thinking I don't want to weld it down and I'll probably have to do a lot of
fussing to get it all into place. Any suggestions as to brand or type of
adhesive you've had good results with? Or does it need anything at all?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

David