[Zmagnette] Thermostat housing

Steven Trovato strovato at optonline.net
Mon May 19 10:38:01 MDT 2014

Jon,

Welcome to the group!  The Shortens do list
replacement thermostat housings, aluminium for
£24.00 and cast for £28.00.  That is not cheap, I
know, but expensive available parts are better
than unavailable parts!  I purchased a cast one a
year or two ago.  It needed a little "cleaning
up" but it worked great, and the angle is correct
for the Magnette.  Their website
(http://www.mgspecs.co.uk/index.htm) says they
are not currently taking any orders, due to the
recent high volume of orders, but I imagine it is
really because of Lou's health issues.  Hopefully
she will recover quickly and things will be back
to business as usual.  Has anyone heard any news about her?

-Steve T.