Alpine article has answers/ raises questions

From: Frank Marrone (marrone(at)optilink.dsccc.com)
Date: Wed Nov 30 1994 - 15:15:59 CST

Thanks to Roland, I got to read the article on Series I thru V
Alpines in the Nov. 94 issue of THOROUGHBRED & CLASSIC CARS. I
thought it was a pretty good article although rather brief. Several
of my questions/suspicions about Alpines were answered but another
was only hinted at. The article mentions that as one of the
"refinements" on later cars (Series IV, I think) the engines were
fitted with a cast iron exhaust manifold. This implies (IMO) that
earlier cars had "headers" (tubular steel if you like) instead.
This seems consistant with what has been rumored by various parts
suppliers and with the two early cars I have owned (both had "headers").
Can anybody confirm this or have any comments?

--
Frank Marrone at marrone(at)optilink.dsccc.com
1965 Sunbeam Tiger B9471116