Rear end compatibility...

From: Frank_Marrone (montreal!marrone(at)uunet.uu.net)
Date: Tue Mar 07 1995 - 12:06:47 CST

A friend and I are both interested in swaping out our lever shock compatible
rear ends for later units which use tube shocks. He has a Series II car and
the Sumbean is a Series I. Has anybody done this? I have a tube shock rear
out of my Series IV parts car I might use or I might let my friend have it for
his car if I go with a stronger, non-Alpine unit. Somewhere along the way I
read that the leaf springs got wider, is it possible to use the wider springs
on the earlier cars and/or will the later rear ends bolt up to the earlier
springs?

--
Frank Marrone at marrone(at)optilink.dsccc.com
1965 Sunbeam Tiger B9471116