Re: Headlight dimmer on steer...

From: DSand95510(at)aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 04 1995 - 01:12:26 CDT

A turn-signal switch with built-in dimmer switch may have appeared on Sunbeam
sports cars exported to North America, but I believe it would have been only
on very late Mk II Tigers. This switch must have been common in the U.K., as
the Lucas catalogs list it for the home market Alpine/tiger each year from
1965-68, part # 34719F.

I have an NOS switch w/dimmer, picked up many years ago when I owned a Mk II,
that's still in a box waiting for me to finish the restoration on my Series V
 (the one I haven't started yet). The Lucas part # on mine is 34981E, which
I can't find in any of the Lucas/Rootes catalogs. Perhaps it fits something
else as well?

Dick Sanders
Seattle, WA
395009510