T-pine

From: BSD%mimi(at)magic.itg.ti.com
Date: Thu Oct 19 1995 - 15:03:05 CDT

This referred to a Series II I acquired a month ago. The former Ford
Thunderbird designer hired by Rootes clearly applied some of the same lines
to the Alpine (especially on the front end and S.I/II hardtop). There's a
frontal photo of an Alpine and '57 T-Bird side-by-side out on the Alpine Web
pages.

The previous owner of my car increased the similarity still further by adding a
continental kit, Ford mirrors, a '50s style interior, and bits of other trim.
I figure it will be a "T-pine" until most of these embellishments are removed.

Best Regards,

Bob Douglas '62 S.II T-Pine Dallas,TX