Re: Fuel Tanks

From: Ritchie Family (ritfam(at)mcn.org)
Date: Thu Nov 09 1995 - 16:19:46 CST

> Hey everybody,
>
> Some food for thought over the long weekend.
>
> Is it just me..........or does the "piecemeal" fuel tank setup on the
> later Alpines and (all) Tigers make anyone else nervous ??
>
> I mean, the way the setup is now, it's just seems too vunerable to
> rear/ left rear / right rear impacts. I personally think I'd feel
> better if the fuel tank was tucked away from the extremeties of the
> car.
>
> Has anybody on the list ever replaced the fuel tanks on these cars
> with something a little more modern and potentially safer ?
> A fuel cell maybe.
>
> I'd be interested in doing something like that with the following
> constraints:
>
> 1) Fuel capacity would be greater than or equal to the present
> capacity.
>
> 2) A sending unit could be mounted that would operate the stock fuel
> gauge.
>

> 3) It didn't reduce the overall trunk capacity. ( Reconfigure is ok,
> just not reduce. ) And still be able to carry a spare tire.
>
> 4) Fuel filler would be accessable without opening the trunk.
>
> Yeah, I know. A tough list to fulfill to be sure. But.......hey....
> It never hurts to ask.
>

> Rick Fedorchak

Rick, I agree about the fuel tanks on the later alpines and tigers being
unsafe. I have also thought about replacing mine with a fuel cell. I just
recieved a catolog from PEGASUS AUTO RACING SUPPLIES

2475 South 179th Street

New Berlin, WI 53146-2150

1-800-688-6946 (PH)

1-800-742-0484 (FAX)
they have some ready made fuel cells available in the catalog, along with
other neat stuff.
  Also in grassroots motorsports magazine there is and add for fuel cells,
they have a catolog that's free.their address is AIRCRAFT RUBBER
MANUFACTURING, INC.
                                 18062 Redondo circle
                                  HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA 92648
                                  800-433-6524
they also go under the name of FUEL SAFE RACING CELLS. I don't have their
cat. yet so I can't advise about them. If you find out anything neat from
them let me know.

ARMAND RITCHIE
 B395014212