Re: Serial Number question

From: Chris McGovern/UK (100331.1760(at)compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Nov 21 1995 - 15:22:31 CST

A full and comprehensive list of all Chassis codes will be sent to the Alpine
pages, it will contain details of all of the Rootes/Chrysler UK codes so if it
was made by them you will find details of it. The mystery code that is being
talked about at present does not appear to be a factory engine. Although on
saying that an engine that may have had an N Prefix was a 1500 c.c. High
Compression engine used in the Arrow range of vehicles this would have been
followed by 6 numbers, but at present I cannot find out what the other letters
stand for. Having just opened some more mail I see the engine is fitted with a
blue painted rocker cover, in which case I think I may be right, the Arrow range
used these.

Regarding the book, everything is going OK, will be making lots of changes. Need
lots of photographs of both good and bad Alpines, all series, any volunteers?

Regards

Chris McGovern