Re: Re: 2.3 v. 2.0 engines

From: Jay Laifman (JLAIFMAN(at)pnm.mhs.compuserve.com)
Date: Tue May 21 1996 - 11:56:42 CDT

Ah, thanks for the info on the two engines. I certainly agree about the
Pinto transmission - which is exactly why I ultimately decided to stay
with the Alpine engine, because I really like the feel of the Alpine
transmission - tight, well defined gates, firm and smooth. Besides, for
all the years I drove the car, it was what connected me to the engine and
sort of defined the car for me.

You know, I did hear that the Capri transmission, which also came with the
2.0 and was built in Germany, was a great transmission. I have never
driven one. Any input on that?

Jay

Jay S. Laifman
Pircher, Nichols & Meeks