Re: Oil Change

W. R. Gibbons (gibbons(at)northpole.med.uvm.edu)
Mon, 24 Jun 1996 17:08:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 24 Jun 1996 TEdlund(at)aol.com wrote:

> I just finished reading an article in the latest Consumer Reports about motor
> oil. The article talked about the _miles_ between oil changes but not the
> amount of _time_ between changes.
>
> My question is this; should I be changing the oil in the Alpine based on a
> mile schedule or a time schedule? The car is driven about 3,000 miles
> annually. When it is driven, its driven for a least 45 minutes, no short
> trips. How many times per year should the oil be changed?
>
> Terry Edlund
> B395009965
> San Diego, CA
>
> P.S. I can spell Victoria and Specialties correctly.

If it were mine, I would think it sufficient to change the oil and filter once in the fall.

Ray Gibbons Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics Univ. of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT gibbons(at)northpole.med.uvm.edu (802) 656-8910