Re: Oil Pressure Build-Up

From: Chris.Stephenson(at)turner.com
Date: Wed Aug 14 1996 - 08:50:17 CDT

     I have a SIII and have the same problem. On start-up, I do not rev the
     engine for fear of damaging it. Before, I rebuild my own engines and
     never experienced a problem like this. (No cracks about why the engine
     needed so many rebuilds, it didn't. I have owned nine Sunbeams over
     the years.) But at that time, I lived in an apartment and had someone
     else rebuild my engine after the front pulley pin broke and messed up
     the crank. Since then, and this has been about 4 years ago, I have
     experienced no oil pressure at start up. All the oil drains back down
     into the engine when the engine is not running.

     Chris Stephenson
     Alpine III
     Atlanta, GA