Re: flat spot

From: Chris Stephenson (cstephenson(at)dttus.com)
Date: Mon Sep 16 1996 - 09:50:01 CDT

     It seems that you've covered the bases. I have a Series III with dual
     Zeniths that were giving me the same problem. At first I thought it
     was a synchro problem, then a vacuum advance problem. I fooled around with
     it for some time. Finally it got to the point that I didn't have any power
     going up hills. Finally, I was on a road trip in the mountains and the
     problem got so bad, I had to pull over at a rest area. I was very
     frustrated! Then the Sunbeam Angel appeared and said "If you rev your
     engine and put your hand over the carburetor, it will come out." I did, and
     it did. Evidently, I had something stuck in my accelerator jet which came
     out when I performed this "hand over carburetor while engine is revving"
     maneuver.

     Just a thought.

     Chris