RE: 1st motion lube

From: Richard Atherton (Entex) (a-richat(at)MICROSOFT.com)
Date: Sun Apr 06 1997 - 06:12:05 CDT

        That BMW grease is actually a Silver powder molly antisiez. It
won't really hurt the clutch any, but it does save the the splines. If
the disk hangs on the shaft the gears will crunch every time and will
eventually deform the dogs on the gears, and BMW motorcyle transmission
work isn't cheap. I used to be the Parts manager at a Seattle Area
Kawasaki / BMW dealer. Wow! That was 18 years ago...gettin to old for
this "stuff".

Rich