Re: To modify or not to modify

From: John McEwen (mmcewen(at)gpu.srv.ualberta.ca)
Date: Mon Apr 07 1997 - 14:12:26 CDT

Hello Chris and list:

I did not want to start a war regarding the topic nor did I feel that I was
insulting anyone for their beliefs. If I have done so I would like to
apologize. I meant no disrespect to others.

I too believe that the list serves many purposes. Is there a list posted
somewhere which contraindicates certain topics? I assumed that any
discussion of the future of our beloved LBCs would be a worthwhile one. I
would hope that none of us takes the position that an expression of opinion
which contradicts that of another is deemed to be highly critical of that
person. I would also hope that none of us would be so "politically
correct" as to avoid any potentially controversial topics, if we genuinely
believe they are relevant to the list in general.

I prefer that my old restored vehicles be as close to stock as possible,
but I am not "matching-number" crazed. It is as painful to me to see
extensive modification, as it is pleasureable to others to "improve" their
cars. Each position has its advantages and disadvantages. I expressed my
concerns regarding the attrition of the available pool of vehicles. Any
further comments on the matter can be addressed to me privately.

John McEwen