Re: Series V/Chrysler

From: W. R. Gibbons (gibbons(at)northpole.med.uvm.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 08 1997 - 14:44:32 CDT

On Tue, 8 Apr 1997 ZOGG(at)GEH.ORG wrote:

> 4/8/97
> Alpine folks,
>
> This may be a no-brainer, considering my only experience with Sunbeam
> Alpines was about 30 years ago when I owned a Series V (BRG-Forest Green?)
> purchased new in Syracuse, New York. My question is was the Chrysler backed
> (?) Alpines considered true Series V, or are they something else?
> Also, is there any chance that someone out there might have some ads from
> the Chrysler period that could be put up on the web page?
> If anyone in the Syracuse area purchased a beautiful Sunbeam from a Mercury
> dealer in about 1969, have them drop me some e-mail and let me know what
> might have happened to the car I loved and hated (especially on those COLD
> Rochester (college) winter mornings when it just wouldn't start).
> Thanks.
> Mr. Del Zogg

I bought a green 1967 Alpine V in Burlington, VT in 1972. That's not far
from Syracuse. Probably someone bought it in Syracuse, moved to
Burlington, and then traded it in to the dealer I got it from. The reason
I think it must be the same car is that it would never start on cold
winter mornings, either.

   Ray Gibbons Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
                gibbons(at)northpole.med.uvm.edu (802) 656-8910