Re: Mail Clean up - Please me!!!!

From: John McEwen (mmcewen(at)gpu.srv.ualberta.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 08 1997 - 17:49:32 CDT

>>Jay
>> If you get one could you share a copy. This summer at a local
>>British Car show the 1967 models will be shown together, sort of like a
>>1967 showroom, and window stickers [esp 1967] would be great.
>> Rob C
>>
>COULD YOU PLEASE (all of you lovely persons here and there) put a little
>message, where upon the globe you live.
>
>It is more than pleasing to find out someone has the same troubles in New
>Zeland, BUT IT IS AS MUCH FRUSTRATING to try to find out where is the local
>British Car Show.
>
>For us europeans it is not very hard to drive trough one or two countries
>into a meeting, but driving to Alberta needs a very long snorkel.
>
>There might be live on Mars, but there sure is (archaic) live in Scandinavia.
>
>Lars Broschyr
>Larry Leaflet
>Lorenzo Pamfletti
>
>Finland

Hi Larry:

You're right, a drive to Alberta would be a very long snorkel but with the
right vehicle you could do it. Remember James Bond's Lotus in the movie
"The Spy Who Loved Me". Now there was an LBC with versatility. If you
haven't seen the film, the car could operate fully submerged like a
submarine.

As a matter of fact you could probably drive to Alberta with another kind
of LBC. A Land Rover. If you drove north over the ice, it would be
shorter through Russia then north via Novaya Zemlya, you would arrive at
Inuvik in the Canadian Northwest Territories. There is a highway from here
all the way to Edmonton, my home and the capital of Alberta. The distance
is much shorter this way and in winter the sea would be frozen. You might
require a few backup vehicles and a bulldozer or two, but it is
theoretically possible. Now that would be a challenge for an LBC lover.

John

In sunny, cold Alberta