re: Another "new" Aplpine

From: Bob Douglas (b-douglas(at)ti.com)
Date: Sat Apr 12 1997 - 10:14:33 CDT

> From: Steve Van Ronk <glblitnpwr(at)nidlink.com>, on 4/10/97 8:15 PM:

> How does the steering wheel come off? It is the adjustable kind. Easy
> to remove turn indicator and overdrive switches, but the horn button
> defies my limited analytical ability ....

There should be three holes positioned around the hub though which you can get
to the hex(?) set screws that hold the horn button assembly to the wheel. I
have a Series II, so this may be a bit different on yours, but should be close.
Once the horn button/ring is off, there's just a single nut on the steering
column that needs to be undone to remove the wheel.

> Next, there is a cooling tube below the radiator with tubes that run up
> the right hand side of the engine compartment and terminate. What do
> they go to?

Sounds like the oil cooler. If so, the lines would have originally bolted to
the the right side of the engine. Do you have a Series V engine in the car?
The earlier Series didn't have the cooler, so can't give you many specifics.

Good luck with the new project.

Regards, Bob Douglas