Re: Alpine Insurance

From: William Lewis (wrlewis(at)ucdavis.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 20 1997 - 21:10:22 CDT

On Sun, 20 Apr 1997 Klickitat(at)aol.com wrote:

> What resources are available to insure a Alpine, many companies won't. Any
> good sources? Also finding someone to appraise it is a problem any ideas on
> this?

I recently checked out several insurance companies and settled on
Greenwich Insurance Company. My cost for the year is $80 as I told them
the car was worth 8,000. (Pretty good incentive for me to wrap it around
the closest tree.) They have no mileage or use restrictions, but do
require that you have another car insured through another company that is
your primary car. I purchased the insurance through my local broker (who
had never heard of the company) after the president of my local club told
me about it. There is an address on my policy: Hagerty Classic Auto
Corp., P.O. Box 87, Traverse City, MI 49685. The phone number is:
1-800-922-4050.

Bill Lewis
FrankenSeries II