Re: [Fwd: overdrive transmissions]

From: Bob Hamilton (hamilton(at)cast.navnet.net)
Date: Sat May 03 1997 - 16:11:13 CDT

Joel and others,

        Be careful as to what you put in the gearbox/OD. My 1984 Volvo
with basically the same make of OD and four speed manual gearbox states
specifically that automatic transmission fluid is to be used, yes in
a manual transmission. Never have had a problem in 345,000 kms.

Later,
Bob

At 07:41 AM 5/4/97 +1300, you wrote:
>Joel Shockman wrote:
>>
>> Subject: overdrive transmissions
>> Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 12:32:51 -0700
>> From: Joel Shockman <dermat(at)pol.net>
>> To: alpine(at)autox.team.net
>>
>> HELP ALPINE OWNERS,
>> I am having trouble getting my overdrive to work ,,,,,,,,,
>
>Joel-What sort of oil did you put in it. It should be engine oil. I
>recently had my overdrive serviced and they put the wrong grade in and
>the OD wouldn't work-I've changed it and its now fine. Karl

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
The Man of Many Sunbeams - All "Proper" Talbot Types 1953-1954
Motorcycles: 1991 Yamaha Venture Royale, 1984 Honda 750 Shadow
E-Mail: hamilton(at)cast.navnet.net