RE: Welsh Plug and Smiths Clock

From: Anthony Robinson (anthonyr(at)aqua.civag.unimelb.EDU.AU)
Date: Sun May 04 1997 - 19:40:45 CDT

Hello,

1725 cc. All-synchro trans. Located in Melbourne, Australia. It was a LHD
car before the bloke who had it before me restored? it. It has MGB seats,
a new timber stearing wheel, a Jarrah dash which I made myself and a
matching jarrah gearknob which I also made myself; all of these are dark
mahogany stain with clear finish and look quite nice. The hood boxes were
made by the last bloke and are timber frame with nice upholstery but not
original. The car was nearly fully optioned when new, with clock, wires,
cigar lighter, ammeter but no OD. The wires on it now are new with MG type
spinners. The car has been painted Squadron Blue, which is not like any
original colour but looks good. It looks exactly like the car in DR NO.
It does have the original headlights but I think that is the only bit,
except for the instruments.

On the subject of the clock the switch for the lights has extra tabs on it
and some of these "turn off" when you switch the lights on. This is the
way I have my cigar lighter wired up. It stops me from using it while the
headlights are on which may risk releasing the smoke from the wires.

With a fair bit of careful adjustment and readjustment I have been able to
get my original smiths clock to keep time within about a minute a month.

>I have a few questions to ask you.
>
>1) Are you running a 1600 or a 1725 engine in your series II?
>
>2) Non-synch or an All-synch trans.
>
>3) Where are you (and your car) located.
>

>I have a series II as well.
>

>Jarrid Gross

Anthony, 1962 Series II.