Brake servo.

From: Tom Yang (TYang(at)compuserve.com)
Date: Tue May 06 1997 - 22:39:27 CDT

So I finally decided to send out my Brake servo to be rebuilt. After
removing it, boxing it up, and shippping it out, I bought a piece of brake
tubing with flaired ends and fittings, and a pair of female to female
connectors to bypass the booster. ( I can't think of missing out on
beautiful weather while the Alpine sits!) What I discovered was that my old
brake booster was not doing any boostering. In fact, I've now got a nice
firm pedal, and no more fluctuating idle when I step on the brakes.
Admittidly I've got to really press hard for a panic stop, but no harder
than before. I'll let everybody know how the rebuild goes, and who to, or
not to go to for a rebuild! Luckily I already bought a Lucas rebuild kit
years ago. I hear they're like hens teeth to find!

Tom