SAOC (UK) contact / Alpine Guide / Rapier

From: Andy Whiteford (A.G.Whiteford(at)gcal.ac.uk)
Date: Tue May 20 1997 - 10:21:58 CDT

>Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 17:15:12 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Juansailor(at)aol.com
>Subject: Re: alpines(at)autox.team.net digest #313 Mon May 19 04:05:01 MDT 1997
>
>In the Re: subject digest #313 A. G. Whiteford refers to the SAOC "
>"Alpine Guide". Can someone tell me if this is available in the US, &by what
>means.
>Thanks for the info

-------------
The Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club (UK) - SAOC - has members all over the world.
The current membership secretary is-

Sarah Jarret
25 Willow Drive,
Hutton
WESTON SUPERMARE
Avon
United Kingdom
BS24 9TJ

Contact her to find out about overseas subscription rates.

        The club runs a pretty small spares scheme, but produce a variety
of "Regalia" i.e. videos, mugs & pens, snake-oil, etc. as well as "The
Alpine Guide", an illustrated compilation of many years of members
technical tips, which costs £ 9.50 (UK). You'll have to be a member to get
one, I guess, but you don't need to own an Alpine to join the club.

Join and you get a bi-monthly magazine- "The Alpine Horn" with some
interesing (and some not-so-interesting) bits in it, cars & parts for sale
& wanted, news, tips, events, adverts etc. and details of the regalia
prices and contact name. There's SAOC regular meetings all over England,
but none in "Sunny" Scotland yet :-(

BTW: I'm a member, but I don't work for them!

For anyone with a rusty Alpine or Rapier (or Minx /Gazelle), I would also
recommend the "Sunbeam Rapier Restoration Guide", published from a series
of 'Practical Classics' magazine articles. The Alpine and its sister cars
are very similar in construction. If anyone wants more details of this
book, I'll post them to the list.

cheers

Andy
Glasgow SCOTLAND