steering crossmember

From: Scott Christie (103226.3155(at)CompuServe.COM)
Date: Tue May 20 1997 - 12:19:59 CDT

Fellow Alpinists: I have to replace the two bushings on my steering
crossmember. According to Rick at SS, this is a b*tch of a job with the engine
in place, which of course, mine is. Soooo, he gave me a few pointers on how to
make this work, namely slacken EVERYTHING involved in the steering componentry
and drive the existing ones out with an impact chisel. Anybody else try to do
this with the engine in place? Any tips? This sounds like a job that will take
all weekend!

Scott Christie
Series 3 Alpine Registry