overheating

From: William Lewis (wrlewis(at)ucdavis.edu)
Date: Tue May 20 1997 - 14:50:10 CDT

I appreciate the responses I have received from the group. I will
probably have my radiator recored. Is there a quadruple core? Is more
always better?

No one has answered my second question which concerned sun visors for a
Series II car. Are there any that fit and function better than others?

I also need to brag a little. I entered my car into the Dixon all British
show on Sunday. I took 3rd in my division (Rootes group). Pretty good
considering I overheating idling my way into the fairgrounds and ended up
with radiator fluid all over the windshield, front hood, etc. I was beat
by one very clean Tiger and a heavily modified Austin Mini Cooper (I think
the organizers know that a Mini Cooper is not a Rootes, but they had no
where else to stick it). Of course to be totally honest, there were only
5 cars in my class, but the others I beat were a very nice Tiger and
another clean Series II. Once I rechrome the bumpers and build the badge
bar (next winter's projects), the car should show even better.

Bill Lewis