vin numbers

From: Paul Gilbert (pgilbert(at)worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed May 28 1997 - 18:47:00 CDT

many thanks to those of you who told me where to find the vin number on
the engine. Sure enough the vin number on the engine does not match the
vin number of the car from which it was removed, or the other two either
for that matter.

Boy did I get shafted on my first purchase. Then I bought a running car
and a parts car from a guy 500 miles from my home that had advertised
them on this mailing list. He turned out to be a real gentleman who if
anything under stated the condition of the cars. Are all of you'all
good boy scouts - you know trustworthy, honest, kind etc.?

Thanks
Paul