Re: Worth its weight in ...

From: Tony Leeming (tleeming(at)island.net)
Date: Wed Oct 01 1997 - 19:15:58 CDT

Jay Laifman wrote:

> Stu Brennan recently sent an email that may have been to the Tiger group
> and I got copied on it. Anyway here it is:
>
> [SNIP]
> Speaking of Gold Sunbeams (see below)...
> At SUNI 1 there was an Alpine that had all of it's bright metals GOLD
> PLATED. Gold bumpers, badges, Alpine script, wipers, door handles,
> stuff in the engine compartment, etc. A bunch of kids did it, and one
> of their fathers had a plating shop. As I recall, it was out of the
> Northwest, Oregon, Washington or maybe B. C. Has this car ever
> surfaced again?
> Anyone know?
>
> Jay

Jay, I saw the car you refer to at Sunbeam Northwest 92 in Victoria It
was owned by a guy named Troy who lives in the Fraser Valley I believe.
He has sold the car and now has a very nice series III which won first
in it's class at VanDusen Gardens ABFM in Vancouver BC in May 97. He
also has a Series I and II which he is restoring too! Can't remember
what he said about where the gold Alpine is - maybe Dick Saunders may
remember as he was there too. Dick??
Tony Leeming
Series II with some gold coloured rust