Re: Misc Alpine question

From: Andy Walker (awtiger(at)ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 1997 - 23:43:48 CDT

Hey, guys!

I'm new to the Alpine list but since I just purchased a '67 Series V I
thought I'd better get on here. This is not my first Alpine; I owned a
Series II about 17 years ago and I had a hand in the restoration of a
Series V at approximately the same time. I have owned four Tigers and
currently own a nice BRG '67 Tiger Mk1A that I show and drive. I am a
member of the Tiger list and have found it to be very beneficial at times.
Having not had an Alpine in a good long while, I have forgotten alot about
them. Hence my enrollment on this list. As I go through this car, I'm
sure to have a number of questions, probably mostly silly, but what can I
say...it's been a while.

Question #1: Did all Alpines, save for the GT models, have the plain
interior, ie. smooth door panels without the embossed lines and door waist
rolls like most of the Tigers had? When I went to pick up this car, I was
mildly suprised to see the flat door panels on it without the waist rolls.
Being that this car is a Series V, it is the same basic car that my Tiger
is but the Tiger has the door panels with the embossed lines on them, the
door waist rolls and the wing window bases are wider to accept the door
waist rolls. Were those door panels I just described only on Tigers and
Alpine GTs? I need to know before I begin my interior restoration.

Thanks, folks!
Andy Walker
'67 Tiger Mk1A
'67 Alpine Series V

P.S.: In case it matters, the serial # of my Alpine is B935006675.