Re: Oil Filters

From: Rootes(at)aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 01 1997 - 21:51:44 CDT

<< Jon - I like your argument for using SAAB filters. Are these available
 in your typical auto parts store (Advance, NAPA, etc.) or exclusively at
 SAAB dealers? How much do they typically cost? >>

     The SAAB filters are available either through a SAAB dealer, or through
some aftermarket parts suppliers, that specialize in SAAB parts. S.A.V.E. is
one such company, "Service And Value Expediters", after SAAB and Volvo took
offense at the previous "SAAB And Volvo Experts". However, even considering
that some SAAB dealers will mark up the price on the filters, they should be
7 bucks or so, maybe less. And, the filters are British made, as I just
posted recently.

Jon Arzt Rootes(at)aol.com