Re: OD parts needed

From: Jarrid Gross (Yorba Linda, CA) (GROSS(at)unit.com)
Date: Thu Oct 02 1997 - 09:49:00 CDT

Bill gracuously wrote,

>Jarrid
> I have a Rootes OD that has destroyed the annulous, clutch,
gears,
>as well as the bushing surface on the front casing. The rest of it is
>O.K. I am not sure what the pins are that you need, but you are more
than
>welcome to the whole kit and kaboodle if you want it. It is just
>gathering dust in my garage...but I hate to dump it...one man's junk is
>another mans...
> If Jarrid doesn't want this thing, does anyone else need or want
>it?

Unfortunatly, all the parts I need will be knackered on yours too.

BTW, the pins that I need, are the pins that the planet gears run on.
When the box runs out of oil, those gears, which have considerable
velocity and load in OD, quickly overheat, and ruin just about every
thing in the OD that Bill says is dusted.

Jarrid