Re: where is SAOC?

From: Rootes(at)aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 05 1997 - 09:57:06 CDT

<< Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> I've tried two different e-mail addresses for the SAOC, one on AOL,
gathered
> from an old List Archive, and one on team17.com, from Mr. Higgins' Rootes
> site. Both bounced. Where are these folks?

>> Russ Maddock wrote:

  They continue to list THE_SAOC(at)AOL.COM as the email address in their
magazine,
 but it's never worked for me. Surely they're aware it doesn't work. Aren't
they?
 Maybe I should write a letter.

     Problem solved, fellows. I'm on AOL, and did a member search. The
problem
is the "_". The address has to be "The SAOC(at)aol.com", NOT "The_SAOC(at)aol.com".
It will only accept it as a space, not an underline. I e-mailed them on both
addresses, through the Web, and on AOL. The "The_SAOC" got bounced right
away, the other 2 went through. I suppose they will respond to me if one
does not arrive at their end.

HTH!

Jon Arzt Rootes(at)aol.com