RE: Accelerator pump stuck

From: Jarrid Gross (Yorba Linda, CA) (GROSS(at)unit.com)
Date: Mon Oct 13 1997 - 10:56:00 CDT

 ----------
From: James Downing

>While testing the action of the accelerator pumps on my Zenith WIAs, I
>pushed the pump lever too far and stuck the piston in the front carb in
the
>down (compressed) position. I tried tapping the carb body outside the
pump
>to see if it would free, and then took off the top cover and gently
tapped
>the piston itself but no luck. Anybody have a good idea how to free
this?

If you can get the piston to return with you pinky finger "or someone
elses smaller pinky", compressed air through the passage with
the non return ball "ball remeoved" should put enough pressure
on the piston to allow its return.

Clean the bore with fine steel wool after you get the piston out.

Jarrid Gross