Re: servo rebuilt

From: nyclewit(at)nyhp03.serigate.philips.com
Date: Wed Oct 15 1997 - 01:35:55 CDT

To: alpines(at)autox.team.net
From: "Bert Clewits" <nyclewit(at)nyhp03.serigate.philips.nl>
Subject: Re: servo rebuilt

Heh Thanks !

Yesterday evening I was just looking at it !
I was wondering if that piston needs some lubrication, to move freely in
that cylinder and to prevent corrosion and to get a better seal between
the cilinder and piston seal.
Has anyone tried this yet ?

The other thing I'm facing is that I can't get the control piston out
at all.
Tapping the cilinder on a block of wood doesn't work, neither does putting
pressure on it with a bicycle pump on one of the brake pipe holes.
I've now soaked it in penetration oil if that doesn't work I'll try Coca Cola
or heating it up.
Any other ideas out there ?

Thanks Bert

Rootes(at)aol.com wrote:
Bert-
      DON'T throw out the foam strip behind the leather piston seal! The new
ones are too thick, and will cause the piston to stick in the cylinder. Other
than that, be clean, and lube it well before assembly.

Jon Arzt Rootes(at)aol.com