Re: SAOC USA Dues

From: DSand95510(at)aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 18 1997 - 00:51:06 CDT

>>It is a hassle getting a check in English pounds and it was suggested
>by the
>SAOC membership secretary that one person in the USA send in the SAOC
>dues for
>>all the USA members. I would be willing to do this if the job rotated. I
would
>>suggest that a $2 fee be added to each person's check so that the person
doing
>>the work gets something for his/her effort. So far we would have Scott
>>Christie, me and Lou Meyers. What do any other USA SAOC members think?
>>

>Now this makes sense to me.
>Consider me "in".
>How much?

Please add my name to the list. HOWEVER, before anyone writes any checks,
we'll need to find out how much the dues are. I seem to recall a post from
Tony L a few months back saying that the dues for overseas members were going
up by about four pounds. Aren't we about due for another 'Horn' ?

Dick Sanders
Seattle

P.S. FYI - the best deal on int'l bank drafts I've found locally was at a
currency exchange office of Thomas Cooke(sp?). About $8 per check as of last
year. I'd imagine they have outlets in larger metro areas around the U.S..

P.P.S. It might not mean much to people heavily involved with computers, but
I'm still amazed that the Horn's editor can crank the rag out every two
months while on long-term work assignment in the Dominican Republic.