Windscreen Replacement

From: Ron Tebo (tebomr(at)cadvision.com)
Date: Sun Oct 19 1997 - 09:54:07 CDT

I am about to replace my windshield and want to know if this is a job I
should do myself (or, should I take it to a glass shop?). Would a glass
shop have the proper windshield to frame and frame to body seals or
should I order these first? I also want to replace the dash pad (and
have one from a Series V in good condition) and I know it goes under the
windshield frame. Is there anything I should know about while
re-installing the frame (eg: to insure the hard top still fits,etc.) I
seem to recall someone discussing difficulty with shims at some time but
have been unable to find it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Ron Tebo - Series I - B9000627