Re: Sunbeam Models

From: Lauri Lehtinen (lauri(at)lorenzo.pp.fi)
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 02:25:07 CDT

Chris wrote:

> Some of you may already know about this, but I just ran across an ad
> for an outfit in Indiana that sells a model of the Series III. The
> company is who makes the models is called Lansdowne Models by Brooklin
> Models, Ltd. You can purchase one through Brasilia Press, PO Box 2023,
> Elkhart, Indiana 46515. Fas (219) 262-8799. I bought one of these
> models in London last year. I think I paid 35 Pounds. I can tell you
> that this is a very heavy, well built model about twice the size of a
> Matchbox. I have not contacted this company and do not know the price
> of the Alpine. If anyone contacts them, I would like to know how much
> it sells for, I hope I did not pay too much.
>
> Chris

I paid about the same in Helsinki 2 years ago. Now I can admire it all
time, because it sits straight on my computer monitor aside with a
"Spot-on" model (by Triang) from early 60's.

That Spot-on was the reason to buy a real Alpine, but I once told that story...

The scale in both is 1:43, which is very usual in metal models.

Lorenzo Pamfletti
Helsinki
(freezing soon!)