Racing Alpine

From: OldeAlp(at)aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 24 1997 - 00:16:30 CDT

I talked with Steven Alcala tonight (Thursday) and he will be racing his
fintailed Alpine at the Chrysler Classic Speed Festival on November 22 & 23.
 The location is Naval Air Station North Island in beautiful San Diego Bay.
 Steven would like all the moral support that we can provide.

This is the inaugural of an annual (the promoters hope) event.

Spectator cost is $10 per day or $15 for both days - 20% discount if you live
in one of the two "noise impacted" zip codes (Hey, that's me! Yeah!!)

This will be a flat course - better for spectating, not so interesting for
drivers - adjacent to the runways of the Naval Station.

To get there - from Interstate 5, one and a half miles south of downtown San
Diego, take the Coronado Bridge ($1 toll if sole driver, free if two or more
in car AND you use the right hand {car pool} lane). Go straight into the
gates at the Navy base. You gotta really work hard to miss it!

Food and beverage concessions will be run for the benefit of the Navy Morale
Welfare and Recreation fund, so you can't bring your own - or at least,
that's the official word.

Tickets are available from:

Plymouth Holiday Bowl, PO Box 601400, San Diego CA 92160-1400

Questions? Call them at (619) 283-5808

See you there!

"Ole" Olson
Series 2 and two Mk 1s