Re: Tips for fitting a soft top

From: K. Patrick Wheeler (pwheeler(at)ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Oct 27 1997 - 00:19:35 CST

Best tip I got was to go look at one that was well fitted and take copious
notes. There was a short note included in my top from Sunbeam Specialties
that was very helpful. I went with the velcro but be sure to attach the
velcro to the frame well and it seems to work well new. My older top also
has velcro and does not seal too well but am unsure if this is due to age,
shrinkage of the top, poor install, or early technology. Be sure to do it
on a warm day or in a warm environmant as the top will stretch better and be
much taughter when finished. Toughest time I had was re-attaching the top
windshield edge rubber seal (finally gave up and used lots of glue:-(..